Saturday 3 August 2019

DIY birthday party labels for lolly box using Cricut explore air 2

I was recently sent something for myself to try! Yep, this mumma got something for herself for a change! I was super excited about this one - the Cricut Explore Air 2.

I LOVE DIY and have always wanted to design to make my own t-shirts, personalise mugs, make greeting cards, sticker labels and more, but like so many other things, I just didn’t get around to it. But now I get the chance to with my new baby!


I researched for months and decided my first project will be to add a personal touch to Madison’s birthday party gift boxes for her friends.

Materials

Gift boxes- I used gift boxes in colours red, blue, yellow and white to make Madison’s theme - Wonder Woman! We got our boxes from Five Star Party Supplies and they were so lovely to chat to. They helped out with giving me the measurements of the box and it got sent out super quick

So, the Cricut Explore Air 2 - It’s so versatile and can cut 100's of materials, even leather.
I used Cricut Holygrapic Vinyl - this vinyl is amazing and felt it matched my Wonder Woman theme for that shiny touch that the girls will love.

My other handy tool was the Cricut transfer tape – I used this to get the Holygrapic vinyl onto  to the boxes.


Instructions

1. Design! We use ‘design space’ which has 100's of designs and fonts to help you create! We went with a cute message ‘Super thanks, love Madison’ with a Wonder Woman W in the middle.



2. Once you have the design you simply size to fit your box or desired product and you’re ready to go!



3. When you’re happy with size and design, design space will then tell you which blade to use and ask you exactly what material you are using before you cut.

4. Stick your material onto your mat insert and away you go! Let the Criuct work its magic.




5. Stick the transfer tape on top of what’s been cut and slowly stick onto box.



Boxes I used available- HERE
Cricut Explore air 2 available- HERE

So easy! Stay tuned for more DIY projects from this creative mamma!



3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Love the hologram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I need one of these machines ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete