Saturday 14 January 2017

Tamar Valley Dairy Kids All Natural Greek Yoghurt Review

I'm pretty excited to have been able to review and write about this product. Tamar Valley has launched Australias first Greek yoghurt for kids with NO added sugar! As a mum who is always worried about how much sugar my girls have in their yoghurts, this product here gives me peace of mind to know my girls can finally have a healthy snack with no added sugar.

Tamar Valley comes in 3 different flavours Vanilla, Strawberry and Tropical which I liked as these are simple and popular flavours that most children would love. My girls Madison who is 3.5 years old and Macie 18 months old tried All 3 flavours and loved them. I asked Madison to tell me what she liked about the strawberry flavour as she tried that first and here is what she said:


Madison's feedback
I love the colours on the packet
This is big a bigger yoghurt and still easy to hold
The big lid is easy to put on and take off
Love the taste of the yummy strawberry

     

My feedback:
I LOVE that there is a space to write your child's name on the back! This is so clever. I don't know if I'm the only one,  but when I put a yoghurt back in the fridge that the girls left,  I always end up forgetting who ate what but now with this awesome feature il never forget again. 


 The squeezeable pouch is another plus, super easy for the girls to eat alone with NO mess as opposed to eating from a tub.

It is clear on the pouch There is NO added sugar. I am confident my girls are having a healthy snack.

As Madison said, she liked the lid (cap) I agree! The cap is one twist making it super easy for your kiddos to open and close on their own.

It's made in Australia Tasmania.

They easily fit in lunchboxes and can also be frozen.

Suitable for children 6 months plus. This is perfect for new mums who want to introduce yoghurt to their bubs without having to worry about the sugar intake.



Accredited Practising Dietitian Sharon Natoli from Food & Nutrition Australia is excited about the new kids yoghurts. Latest research* suggests that half of kids aged 2-3 years eat too much sugar, with 70-80% of this coming from added sugars, so it’s great to see a no sugar added Greek yoghurt option for kids of this age group. At this age, kids are still developing their taste preferences and experimenting with different foods, so offering a product with a lower level of sweetness has the potential to set them up for better eating habits later in life by adjusting their taste for sweetness downwards,she explained. 

“Kids aged 2-3 years need at least 1 1⁄2 serves of dairy foods daily to provide the nutrition they need to support growth and development, in particular for healthy bones, muscles, teeth and gums. One Tamar Valley kids yoghurt provides half a serve of dairy, giving young kids a good start toward meeting their daily dairy requirements. Sharon added. 
 

To find out more on Tamar Valley click Here 
You can purchase these yummy yoghurts from any Coles or Woolworths and some independent retailers for $1.69
You can follow Tamar Valley on IG @Tamarvalleydairy


Christina xx

12 comments:

  1. Great post! It's good we got to see what Madison liked about it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 5 month old son and was trying to figure out which yoghurt to start him on. I will definitely be trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Heading to Coles today and will try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good review. All things that are important to me as a mum you covered. Off to follow you on Instagram now xxx Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Madison gave her feedback

    ReplyDelete
  7. Answered everything I'd be asking as a mum x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So real. Well done. Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madisons feedback is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  10. How many a day can my 10 month old son have please

    ReplyDelete