Thursday 31 August 2017

Let's celebrate the wonderful dads. Medela appreciation to dads

With Father's Day coming up I thought this was a perfect time to reflect on my years of motherhood and how my hubby has played a part and made a big difference to help me. 


Medela Australia conducted a survey with an overwhelming response of 7800 Aussie Mums to better understand the role and influence a father plays in supporting a new mum in the early days of motherhood. 

survey reveals; 
  • Dad is the no.1 most valuable source of support for new mums 
  • 90% of new mums are content with the level of support they receive from their partners. 
  • Only 3% feel like they need “a lot more support” from their partner. 
  • 81 % of mums said the most beneficial form of support they receive from their partner emotional support, followed by support during breastfeeding (63%) and then support with cooking
  • 4.5 out of 5 mums trust their partners to look after their baby in the first 6 weeks – even more so than their own mothers.


My hubby is the most amazing dad and has been my rock. The Medala survey was very interesting and got me thinking after reading the survey results. I thought I'd share my experiences on how hubby was there and a massive influence in the early days of new motherhood.

  • Emotional support was a massive thing I needed in the beginning, being so tired from no sleep, hard labour, first child and having No clue what to do, made me so overwhelmed and emotional. I'm so grateful and lucky my hubby was there for me, he picked me up made me calm and listened to my fears, concerns or whatever I was feeling.

  • I was SO scared to give Madison and Macie baths. They were so tiny and I was always so scared I would drop them cause they wiggled so much. They were both born in winter, colder weather too made them upset and cried through their baths which made me more nervous. My hubby, bathed both girls from the very start. He looked like he had done it before, so confident, calm and collected, he helped the girls settle, was so nice to see him have those moments with the girls. 


  • Breastfeeding was something I was excited to try, the first few days were tough for me. Hubby was there watching and cheering me on at every feed. He went as far as to help Madison and Macie latch on to my breasts to help me, this made a massive difference In my feeding, If he hadn't been there to do that I don't know if I would have gotten through getting the hang of it. 

  • Cooking and household chores! I didn't pre plan meals or think about how cooking and cleaning would change and impact me with a new born, but again hubby was there with me the first 8 weeks after Madison was born and I was so lucky he did cooking and helped with household. I still actually think he is a much better cook than me :)



What did you think of these findings? 



Medela Australia have also just released a brand new clip to complement the survey results. This emotional clip celebrates dads for their important role in the parenting journey 





Happy Father's Day to my wonderful hubby, My amazing father and father in law, and to all the fabulous dads out there! xx







7 comments:

  1. It's amazing to see that dad get involved these days. Cute post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about involved fathers! Such a good post!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Medela products

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those survey results wow! So nice to see dads are being more hands on these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post!

    Amy // www.thenoiseinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete