Monday 13 February 2017

Cheese and Bacon Pasta Recipe

I've been following the lovely Patricia on Instagram @its_gourmet_baby for a while now. I love the food she posts, it always looks amazing. I've tried many of her recipes and they have always been a winner with the family. I asked Patricia to share a quick and easy dinner that the whole family can enjoy.


Cheese and bacon pasta

Ingredients
3 rashers bacon
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon plain flour
250mls chicken stock
125 mls thickened cream (full fat)
A handful of chopped shallots
3-4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
500g packet pasta of your choice

Method
Chop bacon (excess fat removed) and pop this is a pan with butter and crushed garlic and cook until butter has melted.
To this add plain flour and mix until it's combined and take this off the stove.
Slowly whisk in chicken stock and then thickened cream and whisk it until it's all combined.
Get it back to the heat and stir it until it's all bubbly and simmering away and gets a little thicker.
Add some shallots and some parmesan cheese and mix well.
Toss through some cooked pasta of your choice (I've used small spirals).
Plate and serve with a sprinkle of shaved Parmesan and some chopped parsley.



Patricia has recently started her own blog featuring more of her yummy food! Check her out
https://itsgourmetbaby.wordpress.com/


Thanks for sharing Patricia x


Hope you love it as much as we did.
Christina xx

17 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I make pasta every week but its usuallu spaghetti bolognese, might try this recipe for a change!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering I'm just about to go out for lunch so hungry �� I will have to check her out! This looks easy enough xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually about to have lunch and now I'm craving this so bad! Haha looks so good!


    Amy // www.thenoiseinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love carbs so this sounds like my type of meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I need a new pasta recipe and this looks really yummy!

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meal idea, I love pasta!! :D

    Shannon x.

    www.shannongibb.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum!!! And so easy 😍 Sending to my partner in the hope he will cook it for me!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make a similar pasta to this with tortellini :)
    So yum and easy!

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family would LOVE this recipe!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any creamy pasta recipe is yummy. Can never go wrong :)
    Ange | Diary-of-Ange.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheese and bacon pasta is one of my fav comfort meals!

    Sharni // www.agirlandgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like bacon, but I do love a good cheesy pasta.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good bacon and cheese pasta! But I am trying not to eat meat, I could use a fake bacon though! Might have to try it :)

    x
    Ironic Minimalist | www.ironicminmalist.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks absolutely relish babe

    Sameera
    DYNAMIQUE BLOG
    www.dynamiqueblog.com

    ReplyDelete