Monday 9 October 2017

Reach for the Skies with flight experience darling harbour

You can not reserve this seat no matter how many frequent flyer points you have. However, you can come pretty close to the experience of being a commercial pilot by sitting in the cockpit of a flight simulator.

Late last month I had the opportunity to “fly” one of Boeing's 737 simulator at Flight Experience, Darling Harbour with my family. 


Flight Experience will take to the skies from virtually anywhere in the world and see what it takes to control the 737.

All the team at flight experience are certified pilots. From them you will find out all you need to know about flying the Boeing 737.


You start with a simple introductory video and then decide where you want to take off/land. The choices are endless. I asked myself, did I want a cruisy flight and take in the sights of Sydney? Or would I have the skills and nerves of steel to land at Hong Kong's old Kai Tak airport. I decided on the latter.






The exact replica of the Boeing 737 cockpit is visually daunting yet impressive to look at. The simulator has real-world mapping, and high-definition graphics. Your instructor will showcase all of the real-life instruments and switches needed for take-off and landing. I was now ready to take control. With your instructor reading out airspeeds we powered down the runway finally lifting graciously into the skies.






If flying a commercial jet is not enough to get your blood pumping then how about flying a FA-18? Their latest acquisition at Flight Experience is a virtual reality flight inside a FA-18 cockpit. You will get to experience and enjoy barrell rolls, dizzying heights and all the inside loops you can muster. Flying low and fast between mountain hills is also one to try, just like a fighter/attack pilot. Also, this coming Christmas Flight Experience will have not one but two of these VR cockpits. The setup will allow you to release your inner Maverick and dogfight one of you friends. This truly is one to tick off the bucket list.


Flight Experience has many packages to suit everyone from, school holiday, corporate, birthdays, pilot training, or just plain fun. 
We had the best experience, wonderful staff, so much fun with my family And memories made.



Has anyone done this?








16 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This sounds like so much fun! Might have to look into it for my partner!


    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing and I know my hubby would really enjoy it!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner works for an airline, and he loves this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agh I can barely enjoy a flight when I am tucked away safely in the cabin let alone up front seeing everything! Cool idea but would be wasted on the likes of me :P

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be an amazing experience. My husband would love this too!

    Amy | http://www.herquarters.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun for kids and adults!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH! Sounds like a very unique kind of experience!

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so interesting and exciting. I love air planes, love the way you described everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like so much fun!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looked like a lot of fun hun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks and sounds incredible! I have walked past this many times but next time I think I will definitely need to try it out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this sounds so interesting! I didn't even know a simulation like this existed haha!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. woooow this sounds so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks awesome! I feel overwhelmed driving a car though, I can’t imagine how I’d geek pretend landing a plane hahaha.

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that looks and sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SOOOOOOO cute! so much fun for the entire family!X

    ReplyDelete