Wednesday 14 March 2018

Toilet training - My tips

The time has come to start toilet training Macie. I honestly cannot remember exactly what I did when I toilet trained Madison, so this time I decided to just go with it. 

It’s worked SO well, I wanted to share what we did with you all. Feel free to comment if any of these worked for you or what you did differently.


Don’t start too early- I tried to start early with Madison and it just delayed us more. With Macie I waited till she was ready, She showed signs she was ready; sitting down and copying when Madison sat down on potty.

Make your child feel special and grown up- This will help them engage in the process, show them your proud of their achievements. 

Take them shopping for big girl/boy underwear. Let them pick the colour and characters they like, and encourage them to share their successes with family and siblings.

Start with pull up nappys for 1-2 weeks- Macie was very excited that she was using “undies” like Madison! She loved pulling her nappy pants down and up again- that really helped her get excited about the whole process. We used baby love as we found it easy for her to pull up and down as it has the stretchy waist. Shop Babylove HERE

Patience- When I started to feel Macie was ready, we went to the toilet every 10 mins!! Even if we were out- now I’m slowly working it up to 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc. Don’t get frustrated if it takes a long time- potty training does take a while and they can feel us getting all worked up.

New potty- Madison had a potty and Macie knows that was Madison’s. We decided to use a “New” Special potty; Dreambaby recently launched a new potty called the EZY-POTTY. Designed to make the first stage of potty-training easier, Her special potty was a hit! It has a ergonomic contoured back rear for that added support, very lightweight making it easy for Macie to carry it into the car ready to visit family and show off her potty. Shop Dreambaby HERE





Hope these tips helped. 



8 comments:

  1. Great tips. All the best with Macie's toilet training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!! I hope it all goes to plan hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tips! I think patience is definitely the biggest one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine this would be so hard to do! Best of luck, sounds like she's learning fast!
    - Izzy
    www.izzywears.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't even imagine how difficult this could be! Best of luck :)
    Ebony x

    www.theblackandwhiteguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve actually been looking for a potty for my son. Great post, I’ll be looking at the one you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve never tired baby love nappies, but I have problems with leakages with other brands. Thanks for the baby love recommendation. The potty sounds good and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are BABYLOVE fans!!
    Wonderful post, loved your tips- especially getting a new potty for second child.

    ReplyDelete