Friday 8 December 2017

Protect your bed with Protect a Bed

We all love talking about sleep so much...we tell our friends and family how tired we are, or ‘I had a great sleep last night’ or ‘I slept terribly’ true? We all love and value our sleep, it’s essential to living a productive life. One thing we don’t usually talk about is our pillows and mattresses; they play a big part in a good nights sleep and the truth is if these are not protected it can effect our sleep. 

So Today we talk mattress protectors. 

Some gross facts about our bed

SWEAT: Humans sweat up to 1L of body fluid per night and lose millions of skin flakes each night. After 5 years, half the weight of a mattress can be made up of our own body fluids, skin cells, mould and bacteria that seep into our bedding.  Yuck! 

DUST MITES: Dust mites lurk in an unprotected mattress and are a major cause of asthma and allergies. As much as 30% of the population are actually allergic to dust mite. (Despite their tiny size, dust mites produce 10-20 waste particles per day!) 

What did you think of these facts?


We thought it was time to get the right protection for our bed. We checked out Protect a bed mattress protector, and will never go back to any other protectors!

Why we love it-
- It’s breathable and waterproof
- Traditional cotton quilted, padding and plush filling which makes it more comfy and supporting. 
- Dust mite barrier
- Allergen barrier, my favourite one, I suffer from Asthma and it’s good to know they are approved by National Asthma Council Australia as well as Eczema Association as Sensitive Skin Tried and Tested 
- 5 Year guarantee













Have you tried this brand? Check them out HERE


For free shipping type in SYDNEYMUMS




6 comments:

  1. I haven’t! We actually haven’t put the protector back on the bed since we moved haha maybe I should just get a new one!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum loves to keep on track of this for me hehe. (Ps the here tab aint working) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this really makes me want to get a mattress protector! Interesting facts though!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by having a mattress protector! I just makes sense and its more hygienic. I'll have to check out this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent tried this brand before, this mattress protector sounds fantastic!

    Amy | http://www.herquarters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those facts are disturbing haha! I try not to think about it but I suppose I should! I have always used a mattress protector :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete