Monday 18 June 2018

Review Leap Frog- LeapPad Ultimate

If you’ve been following my journey for a while, you would know that my little Madison starts big school next year (whaaaat!?) and my not-so-baby Macie will be starting preschool! I know – I cannot believe how quickly time has flown. 

To prepare them for their leap into education, LeapPad have sent us out the new LeapPad Ultimate. Leap Frog is one of my favourite brands. My girls have loved their products for years, so working with them is a total dream come true as a parenting blogger.  

I can’t express enough how pleased I am with this product. It’s fun and educational, while giving them the feeling of using their very own tablet. They feel like it’s a treat to use, but it’s a treat for mum, too! With the LeapPad Ultimate, the girls have access to 1000+ learning games, videos, eBooks and more - all designed or approved by LeapFrog® educators. Mums and Dads can also rest assured – there’s absolutely no access to unsafe pages. This feature means I can give my girls some freedom to play with the LeapPad on their own without feeling like I need to monitor exactly what they’re doing. It’s their own little interactive world. 


Okay, let’s talk features. When investing in tech for your kids, it’s all about the feature-packed experience. We all know the little ones get bored super easily! 

- KID SAFE: The LeapSearch search bar is kid-safe and only grants access to kid-appropriate content, all individually approved by LeapFrog® learning experts. Huge plus for me.

- DURABLE:The LeapPad Bundle (available from Big W stores from June 18) comes with a durable carry case, which means protection from drops, spills and splashes – what a life saver, right Mums?! 

- GREAT BATTERY LIFE: The battery life is amazing – we’ve taken the LeapPad out with us and it’s lasted over six hours. I can’t tell you the amount of tears we’ve had when the iPad runs out of battery and Peppa Pig has to be switched off! With the LeapPad, we’ve enjoyed much longer battery life. 

- SECURE: The LeapPad is password protected, so I can create multiple profiles on the one pad. This means Madison and Macie can have their own personalised play experience, and share the LeapPad with their friends, too, without losing their progress. 

- VERSATILE: If you’re out of WiFi range, you can play offline, too. It’s sold separately, but the LeapFrog cartridge games mean you can enjoy access to the LeapFrog library of award-winning games anywhere you go. 

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION: I’ve read so much about the importance of play-learning for the girls’ early years development, and the LeapPad is packed with fun ways to learn. The girls have been exploring problem solving games, maths, human anatomy and even geography – even me and hubby have learned some new facts haha

- PROGRESSIVE: You can set the LeapPad to different age-appropriate programs, which is great having two girls under the age of 5. Madison is almost off to school, so I set hers at age 4-5, while little Macie is a few years behind, so her programs are much more in line with her abilities. The LeapPad is suitable for kids age 3-9. 



MADISON AND MACIE’S FAVOURITE FEATURES

I asked the girls what they loved the most – after all, it’s their product!


The colour! It’s pink, so both girls were so excited. 

The variety of games. The girls are honestly never bored with the LeapPad around. They’ve been playing the hide-and-seek game lately, where they’re told the type of dog to look for, before uncovering clues and navigating obstacles to locate him. 

The camera! Oh wow, my girls are going to be selfie queens when they’re older! The LeapPad has a camera and a video function, so I’m forever catching them filming their own music videos or taking funny photos together. They get to have fun and I get to look back on memories in a few years time – win win

– On the go. The girls love that it can come anywhere with us. In the car, at the park, in a restaurant – they’re forever making sure I’ve got the carry case!



MADISON USING HER LEAPPAD




Convinced? I’m not surprised. This is hands down the best new addition to the girls’ game stash, and when it’s educational and safe, you honestly can’t go wrong. You can grab the LeapPad Ultimate and Carry Case Bundle from June 18 at your local Big W, for RRP $199.95. 
More info HERE



13 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great educational toy!!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bundle deal sounds like a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. The demo is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful educational device! It makes learning so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get one for my youngest son! He starts Kindy next year and I think this would be great for him.

    Amy | Her Quarters

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good, i was looking at leapfrog toys in the store this weekend. Would love to get one for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the Leap Psd, both my kids were raised on them. SO education and so fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I remember this from when I was young! So cool they are still going and helping with education from an early age!

    Felicia // www.thebeautyandthegeekau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember using leapfrog growing up. Great to see that are still creating innovative interactive products.

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a far better option than iPads for young children as it is just for their education. it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like something I would've loved growing up haha!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always so jealous of the cool things kids have these days! I had my bike and a gardening set.. which I did love, but still!
    Ebony x

    www.theblackandwhiteguide.com

    ReplyDelete