Thursday 12 July 2018

The chef direct range by Marathon foods review

If you’re anything like me, you’ll know how hard it is trying to establish a work-life balance. For me, the toughest part is organising and preparing  dinner for my girls and husband when I have so little time. This year I’ve tried a fair few different meal delivery services and other ways to make meal preparation easier, and by far the best and most delicious has to be the Chef Direct range from Marathon Foods. 

The Chef Direct by Marathon Foods is available at IGA stores, and is a new, clever and nutritious range of meals that literally take you minutes to prepare. Clever technology and packaging means all the products are kept fresh without needing to be frozen or refrigerated – even better! The Chef Direct range includes tasty classics like Beef Meatballs, Chilli Con Carne, Lamb Shanks with Mint Gravy and  Lamb Shank with  Red Wine & Rosemary. Sounds yummy, right? To top it off, the range is free from artificial flavours, colours or preservatives and there is no added MSG! 

My girls absolutely loved the meatballs – it was hands down a family favourite. They’re at that age where fun foods like messy spaghetti is super exciting, so they found it a real treat. For hubby and I, it was the lamb shank in red wine and rosemary sauce. The lamb was so tender, it just fell effortlessly off the bone. While the girls enjoyed their spaghetti treat, me and Hubby got to have a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of our own home. Perfect for those winter nights – am I the only one who can’t face going out at night when it’s freezing?!

This range has made my life so much easier. It’s so tasty, my family love the meals, and they don’t take up space in the fridge, which is such a life saver. I sometimes take the meals to work for lunches, too, as I can just throw one in my bag and know it’s fresh until lunchtime. If you’re looking for a easy option for weeknight meals, Mums, head to your local IGA and check out the Chef Direct range now!

Check out my pics on the dishes we have tired so far.



Chilli beef and beans

Meatballs tomato and basil
Lamb shanks


Check out more HERE





4 comments:

  1. They all look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! These look so damn good!!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete